18 Free Online Flashcard Makers and Learning Tools
Here’s a list of 18 very useful free online flashcard maker websites. Most of them also have apps for your cell phones or tablets so you can sync away. They’ll let you add images, video and/or audio to your cards; and they do have pretty snazzy interfaces. Aside from the awesome multimedia choices, some let you add mnemonics, play games or other cool interactive effects to cement your knowledge. In short, they can be fun to use –an effective learning and memorization tool!
- BrainFlips – Home of the world’s ‘smartest’ flashcards. It provides tools for creating, sharing and studying flashcards. Make flashcards on any subject and share them with your friends and classmates. BrainFlips flashcards can incorporate text, images, audio and video to learn any subject.
- CoboCards – Create – alone or in a team – flash cards online and save your knowledge.
- Cram. Cram has a wide selection of flashcards for you to study, memorize, test yourself on, and more. Learn a foreign language, practice your multiplication table or prepare for your MCAT by memorizing every bone in the body.
- CueFlash – cueFlash is a web based virtual flashcard system that allows you to share intelligent decks with your friends. They adapt to you to help you learn faster!
- Engrade – Create and share free online flashcards.
- Flashcard Machine – a free service for creating web-based study flashcards that can be shared with others.
- FunnelBrain – FunnelBrain lets you form study teams, play games, take quizzes, and show off your intellectual prowess. They claim it to be fun, free and that you’ll do better in class.
- HeadMagnet – It creates a model of what’s going on in your head. It predicts what memories have faded away, and what memories are still inside, allowing you to quickly get things in your head and keep them there. The more you use headmagnet, the better it gets at modeling what goes on in your head.
- Koofers. Thousands of practice exams and flash cards. Geared for high schoolers and college students.
- Memrise. Learning, powered by imagination. This looks like a really nice, innovative, sleek learning site that combines ancient memory techniques with the latest cognitive and computer science. Not a flash card maker per se, but it definitely helps you with learning and memorization. [highlight color=”pink”]A really cool app!![/highlight]
- MuchoBeets – A simple flashcard maker website.
- Qlazzy – Open lesson library combined with the tools to learn them. Free and paid options available.
- Quizlet – They make simple tooks that let you study anything, for free. Possibly one of the most popular flashcard maker sites, very easy to use, share and sync with your phone and tablets. [highlight color=”pink”]One of the best choices in my opinion.[/highlight]
- StudyDroid – Create, search and study. It will also let you sync with your mobile devices.
- StudyBlue – Study better, learn faster! This one is one of the top choices.
- StudyStack – Nice and fairly clean interface, not as cluttered with ads as most of the free sites. This one has a variety of activities and games to make the learning more entertaining. It’s definitely [highlight color=”pink”]among my top personal choices.[/highlight]
- Superflashcard – It also proffers games, quizzes and other learning activities to spice up the learning
- SwipeStudy – these flashcards let you decide whether you need to keep studying a card or if you already have learned it by swiping to the left or right.
So there you have them. Hope you find any of these helpful, if you try any of these out, do let me know, it’d be nice to learn how you like or use them 🙂