Pre Algebra Workshop
Come join us in this exciting new class that will increase your understanding and confidence on math’s skills and will begin to give you a solid foundation for Algebra. This new format blends live lectures, (once a week at PATH) with online support.
- This course will have an online component, therefore access to a computer with Internet connection and a printer, is required for homework and off-class exercises.
- Students must already master the following concepts:
* Multi-digit multiplication and division (i.e. [51 × 319] or [22294 ÷ 71] )
* Basic arithmetic with negative numbers (i.e. [-2+6+(-5)] or [(-7) × 11] )
* Addition and subtraction of fractions with the same denominator (i.e. [⅜ + ⅝] or [⅚ – ⅙])
* Basic fraction comparison (i.e. [ ⅘, ⅗] or [1, ⅞])
* Basic decimal arithmetic (i.e. [15.8 + 2.371] or [5.6 × 0.4])
- Aimed for students ages 10 and up.
- Evaluating Arithmetic Expressions
- The associative and commutative properties
- Adding and subtracting integers
- Multiplying and dividing integers
- Factors and fractions
- Rational numbers (fractions)
- Adding and subtracting rational numbers
- Multiplying and dividing rational numbers
- P.A.T.H. Members: $100 per student
- Non members: $110 per student
Please follow the next 2 steps for the registration to be complete.
1. Fill out the registration form:
2. Submit payment:
Please choose if paying the PATH Member or Non-Member tuition fee. You will be able to enter the number of students registered (quantity) in the next window. Thank you.